Pages

Friday 6 June 2014

Happy Birthday to the little man

I know everyone says it, but I really can't believe how quickly the last year has gone. We've been celebrating the first birthday and yet again we've been overwhelmed by the generosity of family and friends.

I am also breathing a sigh of relief, as to be quite honest, I wasn't sure how this whole motherhood thing would pan out. The good news is it's totally awesome and we are lucky to have a happy, smiley little boy who makes us laugh every day. The second best thing is that when people say things like "you will never be the same again once you're a mother"  I've discovered this is mostly bullshit. I was pretty damn happy with who I was before so this kind of worried me. Turns out that after you emerge from the crazed, sleep-deprived fog of those first few months you're just you, but with the added bonus of a cool little person. Life goes on, you can have fun, go out for drinks, return to work - you just need good childcare and a partner who understands your need to go out and be you again. I know I'm very lucky, so this week I'm celebrating that as much as anything else.



No comments:

Post a Comment